Yakitori (焼き鳥/やきとり/ヤキトリ) is Japanise grilled chicken speared on sticks.
We use all different parts of the chicken, thighs, skin, liver, etc. for “Yakitori”.
• toriniku（とりにく）, all white meat on skewer
• negima(ねぎま), meat with Japanese leeks
• hatsu (ハツ) , chicken heart
• rebā (レバー), liver
• sunagimo (砂肝), chicken gizzard
• tsukune (つくね), chicken meatballs
• (tori)kawa ((とり)かわ) chicken skin, grilled until crispy
• tebasaki (手羽先), chicken wing
• bonjiri (ぼんじり), chicken tail
• shiro (シロ), chicken small intestines
• nankotsu (なんこつ), chicken cartilage
If you are “Yakitori” beginner, try “toriniku”, “Negima” or “Tsukune”.
if you are intermediate, advanced or a challenger, try all!!
I recommend “nankotsu(chicken cartilage)” and “sunagimo (chicken gizzard)”.
They are crunchy and tasty!
Going to get colder in Tokyo,
we need “Yakitori” with “Hot Sake” at Izakaya!!